Sunday, March 01, 2020

Deliver Me, Jesus

Litany of Humility written by Cardinal Del Val:
O Jesus, meek and humble of heart, hear me...
From the desire of being esteemed 
~ Deliver me Jesus
From the desire of being loved 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being extolled 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being honored 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being praised 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being preferred to others 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being consulted 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being approved 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being humiliated 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being despised 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of suffering rebukes 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being calumniated 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being forgotten 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being ridiculed 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being wronged 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being suspected 
~ Deliver me, Jesus.
That others may be loved more than I 
~ Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be esteemed more than I 
~ Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That, in the opinion of the world, 
others may increase and I may decrease 
~ Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be chosen and I set aside 
~ Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be praised and I unnoticed 
~ Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be preferred to me in everything 
~ Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may become holier than I,
provided that I may become as holy as I should 
~ Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.