Sunday, January 04, 2015

found at weekday Mass

       Through an "interesting" series of events, I foud myself planted in the front row of a weekday Mass. My arrival, though very tardy, was surely the result of the hand of God. Father was in the middle of his sermon and the only available seat not requiring me to step in front of someone in the same pew was directly in the line of the Holy Spirit's "fire" filled gifts.  The words Father spoke at that precise  moment were exactly what my soul needed.  At once sobering and comforting, God's direct message rendered me overcome with amazement and joy.
        The morning's events underscored for me that God's action in our lives is neither random nor coincidental. Our Heavenly Father has a definite plan for the eternal good of every one of His beloved children. He finds us wherever we are and welcomes us into His heart.
   Dear Jesus, please strengthen my willingness to answer your sweet call.
Saint Anthony of Padua,
patron saint of lost souls and of finding that which is lost
 
The Anima Cristi Prayer:

Soul of Christ sanctify me
Body of Christ save me
Blood of Christ inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ wash me
O good Jesus hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malignant enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me to come to Thee
That with Thy saints and angels I may praise Thee
Forever and ever.  AMEN